Wednesday, June 3, 2015

6 Month Round Up

I've been on this adventure for 6 months know and I thought I would give you a round up of my time here. 

Best memory:

My birthday was one of my favourite days here so far. Bec and everyone involved really went out of their way to make it so special for me.


Worst memory:

Easter. 

Holidays gone on:

December I visited Sacramento and San Fransisco. 
February 5th - March 5th I spent time in Thailand visiting Bangkok, Hau Hin, Raya Island, Koh Talu Island and Phuket. 
March 5th - 8th I explored Los Angeles with Jess and Stephen.

Holidays booked

June 5th - 8th Ooy and I are taking the kids to Vegas for the weekend.
June 11th - 17th Bec and I are visiting Seattle, Vancouver, Vancouver Island and Whistler! 
August 1st - 9th I'm meeting up with Jess and Stephen again and road tripping through the national parks of Utah, Arizona and Nevada then spending some time on the Los Vegas strip. 
October I'm planning a cheeky weekend away to New York!


Favourites

Chick-Fil-A is by far my favourite fast food! 
Jamba Juice is my favourite place to go when I'm not feeling the best. The green juice or the fruit juices give me a real pick-me-up! 
Following the food theme, I'm loving fruit and yoghurt in general and have recently found I can buy it from Harmons all prepackaged! 
I've started cross stitching again with my spare time.
Netflix is another way I've beaten the boredom on some of the less exciting days. I just finished watching all ELEVEN seasons of Greys Anatomy!
Bec and I regularly go to 24 Hour Fitness where we work out and do classes like Zumba and Yoga.

Things missed: 

I wrote a post called 9 Things I Miss About Australia. The things I'm missing most it my parents, Mallory and Brodie. 
I also missed Nannas 90th birthday which was a big milestone.

Most memorable activities: 

Hogel Zoo, I'll definitely be taking the kids back in the summer! 
Museum of Ancient Life - Thanksgiving point was a fantastic dinosaur exhibit. 
Ice skating in Salt Lake City for an Au Pair activity.  
Movie trips, most recently I went to watch Pitch Perfect. I don't think I've  ever laughed so hard through a movie!

Education:

As part of my J1 visa in the USA I need to complete 72 hours in a university classroom. Lucky for me there are plenty of fun classes that I can complete at the University of Utah. The classes I have chosen to do are; Basic Scuba, Advanced Scuba, Photoshop, Sewing, Blogging, Cooking Tarts, Skin Care and Kayaking. 





No comments:

Post a Comment